Thursday 20 March 2014

You Made Love To Me


This is a song that should be sung by a woman.

Preferably a somewhat demented one.

"Hushabye, baby, don't you cry
Man must live and a man must die.
Man must be brave man must be strong 
And man be punished when he's done wrong. 

Hushabye baby don't you see, 

There's a place for you and me. 
Where I'll be yours and you'll be mine 
And making love is the grand design. 

You made love. You made love. 

You made love. You made love to me. 

Every little boy, every full grown man 

Only ever had eyes for my best friend; 
And though I know you saw her first, 
You came to me when the bubble burst 

You made love, etc. 

While the cat was away did you think to play, 

Did you save me up for a rainy day? 
Was I just some bit of fun,
Another notch upon your gun? 
And, wham bam, no thank you ma'am, 
If I want a little more than a one night stand? 
Oh, cheap away day, make pretends? 
Video camera, show your friends? 
Well you never saw the final cut, 
The body in the bed is staying put! 

You made love, etc. 

Man be warrior, man be king,

And womankind be his plaything?
But now you'll never leave my bed 
Because of the one fairy tale you had not read!

You made love, etc.

Extra verses: 

"Yes, I know she's a real looker 
Whereas I've been took for a two bit hooker 
What she's got it never fails, 
When all I've ever had were fairy tales. 

Life was painful, life was tragic, 

Then along you come as if by magic.
But now you've had the other woman,
Your bags are packed and you're off and runnin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment