Thursday 17 March 2016

Mrs Taylor


Wrote this song in 1981 and recorded it in December 2017 - January 2018.

"Mrs Taylor was cool and blonde,
Magical and slim as a fairy wand.
I've loved Mrs Taylor since I was eleven
And she gave me the keys to the gates of Heaven.

Mrs Taylor went to the Grammar,
Where she had a reputation for her Nordic glamour,
High IQ and manner genteel
But most of all for her man appeal.

And there came one time when our eyes did meet

And, perhaps, I might have swept her off her feet
But bashful, stammering, face all red,
I couldn't hear her words for the fire in my head.
She looked straight though me, eyes like ice,
Holding my soul in a frozen vice.
Pity, scorn, schoolgirl chic,
Kisses me lightly on the cheek.
Then turns she away for warmer climes,
Where the boys have better things on their minds.

Mrs Taylor...

Mrs Taylor played the field,
Taking what she wanted from the very well heeled.
Feted, sought out, showered with praise,
These were high and heady days.

Many years later, children grown,
Marital discord in the home.
Ah, the champion man she knew
Was but the dream of an ingenue
That the waking woman came to rue.

And Mrs Taylor has begun now to lose her figure,
Shoulders rounded, bottom bigger.
Worry and care contort her face
And scar her schoolgirl cool and grace
But though her eyes are tired and her smile full of weather
I loved her then and I will forever.

Mrs Taylor..."

1 comment:

  1. Lovely song. Every teacher will love this song! 💜

    ReplyDelete